Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bag It

I'll be honest the crafting break has been nice. I have a tendency to be an all or nothing person and this training stuff is taking a lot of my focus. I'm down 10 lbs! I have some Mother's day cards to make so I'll be back to crafting soon.  A little over a week ago Dk and I were flipping through the channels and came across the following documentary on plastic bags. Here's the trailer:






It's on Netflix if you have an account. It was an eye opener. We've made some changes so we're not using as much plastic.

We purchased these reusable produce bags and are sure to bring our tote bags along where ever we shop not just the market. I also got this water bottle. I got it at Whole Foods, Dk started working there (again) a couple weeks ago and next week he starts going full time. I am very happy we get a discount. I've made some other changes but I don't want to go to "hippy" on you :D.

I just wanted to share, take from it what you want. I hope all is well with you where ever you are.

Katie

3 comments:

  1. Always good to be aware. Congrats on losing 10 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that film last year at the Wild & Scenic Film Festival and was totally inspired by it too. I own a motel and we had used plastic cups in the bathroom, after I saw that film I phased out all plastics at the motel- now we use real glasses and have a dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic. It's crazy how much throw away plastic there is.

    ReplyDelete