Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Butterflies


Hello,

Another quick post. I've been having fun shopping for everyone. I love giving gifts. I've also been getting my house back in order. Lol just in time to get the Christmas decorations out. :D

I'm happy to report I'm a finalist in two categories for Karen's blog awards. Your welcome to vote to do so click here.

Anywho ages ago.. well it feels like ages ago... I sent off a card to a publisher. I wasn't chosen, I wasn't expecting to be, it was my first time.. that and they have 1000+ people sending in pic's. It was just fun to push myself. The theme I choose to go with was butterfly's.



I really like how it turned out. Those butterflies are amazing in person. Here is a complete (for once) list of everything I used:

Cardstock: Neenah solor white, Echo park delightful doilies (from the Victoria garden series)
Other paper: Staedtler vellum
Stamps: Flower dot pattern by Hero Arts, Antique Engravings Butterflies by Hero arts, and Find joy also by Hero arts
Copic's used:
Red Butterfly: R20, R22, R24, R27, C0, C1, C2
Blue Butterfly: B04, B02, B00, Y08, Y00, Y02, Y04
Purple Butterfly: V12, V15, V17, RV00, RV02, RV04
Bodies colored with N1, N3, N5
Antenna hand drawn with .5 multiliner
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black by Tsukineko, Tumbled Glass distress by Ranger, Broken China distress by Ranger
Ribbon: Essentials
Gems: Sparkle Gems by Hero arts (Flower)
Center Stone by Zva Creative


I am very pleased with the results. I'll definitely submit in the future, once things calm down of course. First I have to get a few other things done.

Time to get back to life.

Katie







1 comment:

  1. It's really beautiful, Katie! Absolutely gorgeous with all the colors shining on the butterflies. Keep at it! Don't give up! Hope your holidays were filled with lots of yummy food!

    ReplyDelete