Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Woot Halloween!


I love Halloween, always have. It was a sad sad day that I couldn't trick or treat anymore. Now I have a great time decorating and giving out yummy candy. Last year I got the Disney Haunted Mansion soundtrack (from the ride not the movie) it really gave a great ambiance. We have pumpkin paper lanterns for the front porch. I'll have to take a pic for ya.. anywho..

So Lily Pad Cards has a number of different challenges, I've even entered in a few of them. Their current challenge has a huge prize so I had to give it a whir. It's based off a sketch:



The design team members did Christmas cards.. I adore Christmas it's my favorite time of the year.. however I can't get in the Christmas spirit yet.. we've yet to have Halloween. So I created my first Halloween card:




Ink: Versamark, Black StazOn

So funny ha ha... I pulled out a Hero Hues card and stamped the back ground with the same color for a tone on tone effect.. then embossed. It didn't emboss all that well so I went to grab another card for a do over...well I was out. I was kinda bummed, I was really excited about the idea. I did the next best thing.. pulled out the distress inks and went to town... it turned out awesome... Of course I did the embossing before the inking the second time around. Happy Days.

The color was awesome but it needed a little something more so I sprayed the flower dot pattern stamp with perfect pearl and stamped it. From the sketch there are three lines.. I decided to layer them, instead of the next to thing. I came out really cool. At least I think so.

I had so much fun making this card I may just have to make some decorations this year. :D

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card! Gorgeous, good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I think this might be one of my very favorites that you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this is fabulous! I love the background, it's pearly awesome! Great card, Katie, I'm so glad you joined us in this Lily Pad Cards challenge...Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, this is wonderful - love these gorgeous autumn colors, and your subtle background is so special. So glad you joined us at Lily Pad Cards again this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything about this card, but especially the way the background turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! That background is totally "stare-worthy!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Gorgeous card! Couldn't help but come check out your blog!
    Jamcrafts4u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I JUST LOVE THIS CARD! Really. You are so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is fabulous cards! Love the second card, perfect for Halloween! I'm getting excited for Halloween party! Anyways, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete