Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Put a bird on it

Yay.. Lawnscaping time with birds...




For the challenge website click here. Here is my card:




Let me just say I love my Big shot.. I waited forever to get one and oh boy was it worth it. :D
As I don't have many embossing folders chose the Cuttlebug birds and swirls folder. Since it has little birds on it I pulled out all my Lawn Fawn birds and got to work.

Inks- Distress: Broken china, Faded Jean, Tumbled glass (back ground) Pine Needles for the grass Memento Black for the animals and sentiment.

And my favorite.. Copic's I actually wrote them down and didn't loose the paper. :D Here go's

Turkey: R24, Y19, E17, E15, E13 Feathers: W3, E19, E37
Yellow Bird: E31, Y15, Y17, Y19, Y 35, Y38
Blue Bird: C0, Boo, B02, B04, Y32
Red Bird C0, R20, R22, R24
and the LBB (little Brown bird) C0, E13, E15, E17 (I worked at a nature center and those little brown birds are so close in looks it's hard to distinguish them apart so we called them lbb's for short.)

The grass is a textured paper I think it's from DKNY... I pull my sets apart so I couldn't tell you specific's. The sentiment didn't stamp as clean as I would have liked so I pulled out my .7 multiliner and rewrote the whole thing.

I put a bird on it. lol We watch all sorts of crazy stuff and fell in love with Portlandia on IFC. Hilarious show.. for a good laugh with putting birds on things check this out. A good summation of the show can be summarized in this video.

I can't bring up IFC without mentioning Rhett and Link Commercial Kings. A great way to learn about them and to see some of their joy and joyness check out their interview with Cohan.

lol oh man are they funny... here's one of my all time favorite... the commercial for Cat's.

Katie




5 comments:

  1. Oh so clever! Love all the birds incorporated into this card! And the turkey is just perfect! Very clever Katie! Thank you so much for entering it into the Lawnscaping Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i luv this card, Katie!! Luv the background embossing with turkey and other birds from Lawnfawn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Those images work beautifully with the embossed background, lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete